1. Is there any necessasity to run the dhcp server while doing the kickstart installation?
Ans: Yes. DHCP server should run in your machine.
2. What is the default NIC card name in RHEL5?
Ans: It will be normally taking as eth0, eth1 etc in the case of additional nic cards in the machine specified.
3. How to stop the ping command in RHEL5?
Ans: press ctrl+C for stopping the ping request from one machine to another machine.
4. What is the service for secure shell in RHEL5?
Ans: sshd is the deamon
sevice sshd stop for stopping the service
service sshd restart for restarting the service
5. Does Linux have the case sensitivity?
Ans: Yes Linux is absolutely case sensitive environment.
6. What is RPM?
Ans: Redhat Package Manager. These packages are using for installing new softwares and services.
7. What is the service for File Transfer Protocol in RHEL5?
Ans: vsftpd --- >is the deamon
service vsftpd start ---> is the command
8.startx and gdm are different in RHEL5?
Ans: Merely looking no difference between these two. But internally so many differences are there. Those differences can be known only in experience.